House of the two saints
The house is situated in the street of St. Maurus. It was originally built in Romanic style and later renovated. The recognizable entrance arch, probably belongs to the Renaissance period. It is a small one storey house built in 14th/15th century. The name comes from two stone reliefs representing two saints. Because of the house position, close to where once was situated the monastery of St. Cassian, some historians believe it could be a remain of the latter, but this cannot be yet confirmed. After the restauration in 1936, the house hosted the lapidarium with stone monuments, urns, oil lamps and other ceramic objects from the Ancient period. Shortly after World War II, the collection was transferred to the Museum of the Poreč territory in the Sincich palace.
Informations for visitors:
Office for Protection and administration of cultural heritage of the Ministry
of Culture of the Republic of Croatia, local office Poreč
St. Maurus street 16, 52440, Poreč